Saturday, February 20, 2010

Brown County History in Pictures

Greg Haitz, who happens to be a cousin of mine, and his wife, Lisa, wrote a wonderful book that beautifully illustrates  Brown County, Ohio and its history using old photographs, Brown County (OH).  The book, which was published in 2006 by Arcadia Publishing is one of the Images of America series.

The book covers all areas of the county and includes the citizens' impact and participation in the Underground Railroad.  Other topics include the importance of tobacco and the Ohio River to the livelihood of the people calling the county home.

I love the book as it gives me a visual idea of the lives that my ancestors lived.  While there is no actual mention of any of my family members, the photographs show me how they lived and what they saw during their every day lives.  If you have family members that spent time in Brown County, Ohio, you will definitely  want this book in your collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment or send an email.